It is here! The 2015-2016 wrap around PGA golf season is back again with the 2015 Frys.com Open! And that means Johnny G’s fantasy golf picks are back as well. In case you were not following us last year (please join the email list at the end to follow me) let me tell you a little about my DraftKings golf strategy and timeline.
By Sunday night each week Johnny G will post his initial fantasy golf picks of the week. However, normally by then the DraftKings golf contests are not updated yet. Have no fear! This first round of postings will include background information, general golfers to pick and so on and so forth.
The BEST comes out probably Monday evening, which is the actual lineup I will be listing in each week’s DraftKings fantasy contests. I may make changes based on golfer withdrawals, injuries, secret rumors, etc.
Here are the preliminary 2015 Frys.com Fantasy Golf Picks:
- Rory McIlroy – He is here! Making an appearance at the first event of the wrap around season is huge. He committed to play here in the past, but had to back out. It is great he is showing up to play as he promised. Also, with him and Justin Rose being the only top ten players in the field, you have to like his chances.
- Hideki Matsuyama– Hopefully he does not withdraw after playing in the president’s cup. With solid finishes here the past few years, I like his chances this week. Depending on his value, he could be a good play.
- Brooks Koepka – Another young talent looking to get off to a hot start, he has historically played very well here in his young career. You will have to pay top dollar in DraftKings golf to get him, but we will see when the salaries come out tomorrow.
- Steven Bowditch – A near win last year and a top 10 finish a few years ago make him a great sleeper this week in the Frys. He is better than you would think, even though he does not win much, he posts many solid finishes.
- Bryce Molder – He plays great here! I am curious what his price will be…
Stay tuned for the official Johnny G fantasy lineup!
It is now ready! I did not take Rose or McIlroy just because I needed a more balanced team. This is a great 50/50 team with all 6 guys capable of doing very well. Also, I think each guy could win this week too. I am very confident about this 1st tournament of the year.
|Golfer||Salary||Comments - Stats|
|1||Bryce Molder||7500||Like I said above, he plays very well here. At 7500 and a chance for a top 5, I will book him all week long.|
|2||Steven Bowditch||8200||A near win last year and a good history here, I like him this week to have another top 10 finish.|
|3||Brooks Koepka||10600||Loves this course and is a top 15 player in the world, so I will take him with joy.|
|4||Hideki Matsuyama||10800||I think he is playing…. But keep an eye out on him. Last 2 years he played solid at the Frys and should be a top 10 player in the world by year end.|
|5||Hiroshi Iwata||6300||He shoots 63 in the PGA. Remember that? I do. Great young talent who will look to get off to a great start.|
|6||Carlos Ortiz||6600||Ortiz is going to get more recognition this year after a very solid 2015 season on the PGA tour. These are the kind of events he can win.|