I was hoping the 1st week of the 2015/2016 PGA Tour would start like the year finished with solid predictions at the Tour Championship… boy was I wrong.
No big deal, last year started not profitable but ended up just fine.
In case you were not following us last year (please join the email list at the end to follow me) let me tell you a little about my DraftKings golf strategy and timeline.
Sunday nights will produce my original posting of 5 golfers who should play well. Then, when the official DraftKings lineups become available I will release my predictions in order to get you the optimal lineup available to ensure the best finish possible. Now, it does not always work out as planned, but that is DFS golf for you.
Here are the preliminary 2015 Shriner’s Hospitals Open Fantasy Golf Picks:
- Webb Simpson – Solid top 10 finishes in the past will allow Webb to get off to a solid start in the Fall Series. While he has not played all that great lately, he did show some positive signs toward the end of the season.
2. Jimmy Walker – Talk about not playing great, Jimmy really did not do much in calendar year 2015, but got off to a great start in the Fall Series last year. Expect him to do the same this week, as the field is not that strong and Walker has posted some good finishes at this TPC course.
3. Ryan Moore– A decent start of the year at last week’s Frys.com, will give Moore some momentum this week where he has had success in the past. One would now start to wonder, is Moore ever going to live up to the high expectations of him? One of the best junior golf records and amateur accomplishments of all time, you would have thought he would have been on multiple Ryder Cup teams and won multiple majors by now. Still a great player though.
4. Kevin Na– Coming off a great week, we like him to keep the momentum going this week. He historically plays well in spurts, so as long as the playoff did not take too much out of him Na looks to be becoming a top 25 player in the world. Remember that crap he did at the Players a few years ago? He has come a long way!
5. Ben Martin- He missed the cut last week so at least he is rested! The defending champ, if valued right, is normally a stable play to post a top 15 finish. While back to back wins are rare, generally a guy does not fall flat on his face as the defending champ.
Stay tuned for the official Johnny G fantasy golf lineup!
Okay, the players are posted. A few notes I would like to make here: Fowler and Kopeka are very expensive plays, but also very strong in this weak field. I also like Ryan Moore, even though he did not make my final lineup. Also, if you are looking to save money from picking Fowler or Kopeka, go with Chad Collins at $5500. He made 16/24 cuts last year.
|Golfer||Salary||Comments - Stats|
|1||Ben Martin||7500||I will take the defending champion at $7500 all day long. He is better than you think too, he just does not do anything spectacular.|
|2||Jimmy Walker||9900||Speaking of nothing fancy, JW is DUE. A final round 66 in the Tour Championship will go along way to boosting his confidence.|
|3||Webb Simpson||9400||He shot -24 a few years ago here for the victory. Average year last year, but made 18/21 cuts with a T6 at the Wyndham before not making it too the Tour Championship.|
|4||Kevin Streelman||7900||One of the best golfers you would see at Wal-mart and have no idea what he looks like. Guy just banks money with 10 - 25th place finishes. Same guy who birdied the last 7 to win the Travelers. A good value here.|
|5||Jhonattan Vegas||6900||A decent start to the year gives me reason to think he will start playing up to his abilities.|
|6||Kevin Kisner||8100||He had multiple chances to win last year and fell short. That will not happen again as he makes a push toward the next Ryder Cup team.|