The time is finally here. The magnolias are in bloom at Augusta and it is time for the 2015 Masters Tournament!
The first of the four majors and there are a couple of key story lines.
Will Tiger play? Will he shoot 83 if he does?
Will Rory continue his major run for a 3rd consecutive title?
Let’s not waste anymore time, here are the expert fantasy picks o’ the week!
We may not be ESPN or Yahoo Sports, but our expert picks are often just as good!
2015 Masters Fantasy Picks
1. Rory McIlroy – Not going out on a limb here. We want fantasy points. And Rory is the guy to get those. Keep it simple.
2. Zach Johnson- Have you seen his wedge game? Guy knows how to play this track and his lack of distance is made up for his amazing short game. Also does not hurt that he won here before.
3. Sergio Garcia – Is this it? Is the Masters where Sergio can make some putts and contend on Sunday? We hope so, as Sergio could be one of the best players of the past 20 years if only he could grab a few majors.
4. Henrik Stenson- This Swede will bounce back from that ‘on the clock’ debacle a few weeks back. Just watching him stare down his iron shots should make the ball want to go into the hole.
Bonus Masters Fantasy Golf Sleeper Picks
A first for Johnny G, sleepers of the week will now be a common component of the weekly projections!
1. Lee Westwood – Plays great here. Enough said. See Sergio comments as well.
2. Phil Mickelson- Ok after watching the Shell Houston Open, he is not really a sleeper, but still, I like Phil this week.
3. Paul Casey – Should be better than he is. Always seems hurt or something……..
Best Betting Underdog Long Shot To Win
1. Robert Streb – Played well in the fall series. Calm player. Much like a lesser known Jimmy Walker, who was not well known until last year.